Leitersburg Ruritan Club

Leitersburg Ruritan                                                        General Business Meeting - January 7, 2019

Minutes

WELCOME – George Souders

INVOCATION – silent prayer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Members Attending: Bill Cross, Bruce Barr, George Souders, Brenda Horning, Scott Horning, Chris Foster, Kenny Rippeon, Tim Hult, Bruce Melton, Chriss Bittle, Jason Sullivan, Jocelyn Melton, Bill Partlow

Program:  Our business associate, Jocelyn Melton from Baxter Associates in Chambersburg, did a presentation on their 2019 Breathe Healthy Initiative.  Jocelyn is a certified indoor environmentalist.

BUSINESS MEETING-
Secretary Report- Brenda Horning  

Minutes (printed copies available)

With no additions or corrections, the minutes stand approved as presented.

We collected $75 at our Christmas party to donate to the Ruritan Foundation for Operation We Care.

Treasurer Report – Scott Horning

Review the treasurer’s report for December (printed copies available).  Scott went over some of the major expenses including the Christmas party.  With no additions or corrections, the report will be filed for audit.

Other Committees -

Ruri-Teen – Brenda Horning

The Ruri-Teen Club delivered 20 blankets to Sterling Care South Mountain Nursing Home.  

The club held a Penny Wars competition.  We raised $930 to donate to Operation We Care.

Peach Festival – Scott Horning

There was a proposal to raise the Peach Festival vendor fee by $10. All members agreed with this increase.

Chris Foster made a motion to spend up to $1000 to purchase gravel to extend and improve the driveway from Bob Veil’s to the ally; 2nd by Tim Hult; motion passed.

There was discussion about having tractors at the Peach Festival this year.  For safety reasons, we will definitely not do a tractor parade.

New Building –

The IRS has granted us 501c-3 status.  George asked for volunteers to be on the fundraising committee.  Jocelyn said she will help with the pamphlets.

The first fundraising committee will be on Monday, January 21, at Jocelyn Melton’s house in Waynesboro at 6:30 PM.  Jocelyn will get sandwiches.  Brenda will send an email asking for an RSVP.

We will be taking down the lights at the point in Leitersburg on Sunday, January 13, at   1 PM.

Chris mentioned that there has been some drug activity at the park.  He asked members to drive through the park when they are in the area.


Board Recommendations –

Old Business-

New Business-

George asked for volunteers for the audit committee.  Jason, Tim, and Chris volunteered.

There was a proposal to raise the Peach Festival vendor fee by $10. All members agreed with this increase.

The annual Easter Egg Hunt will be on Saturday, April 13. Rain date will be Saturday, April 20.

Bruce Melton made a motion that we find a permanent location to hold our meetings and that we secure that by next month.  

Bruce Melton proposed that we have a schedule/roster for mowing grass at the park.  George will have a sign-up at the next meeting.

Bruce needs 100 tri-folds to hand out to the community to recruit new members.  Scott will work on these.

The Boy Scouts want to help with signs for the park.  George will talk with the homeowner next to the fire company about putting the sign on her property.

PLEDGE TO THE FLAG

50/50 Winner – Scott Horning

UPCOMING EVENTS –

Fundraising committee for the community building on Monday, January 21, at 6:30 PM at Jocelyn Melton’s house.

President’s Night on Saturday, January 26, at 6:00 PM at Jefferson Ruritan.

The February general meeting will be on Monday, February 4, at 6:30 PM at Hempen Hill.

The next board meeting is on Monday, January 28, at 7 PM at George Souder’s house.

Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, April 13.